Future Finance is the trading name of Future Finance Loan Corporation Limited (we, us, Future Finance).
This Policy describes the privacy practices of Future Finance and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies with respect to information relating to you that you or third parties provide to Future Finance, including information collected or provided on the Future Finance website www.futurefinance.com (the Website).
Future Finance is a data controller and is registered in the UK with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO) under registration number ZA134468 and in Ireland with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner (the DPC) under registration number 14486/A.
By visiting and using our Website, you acknowledge and agree to the practices described in this Policy.
Information we may collect and why
Our primary goal in collecting information about you is to provide you with an accurate and customised loan transaction and to manage your account effectively. The information we collect about you also helps us personalise and continually improve your experience at our Website and your experience of services provided by us and our affiliates.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us: you may give us personal information such as names, email addresses, home addresses, dates of birth and other information such as bank account details or demographic information when you complete forms, loan applications and/or surveys. This information may be given on our Website or when you contact us directly, for example through our customer service department, either online or by telephone (as our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes)
Information we collect about you and your device: each time you visit the Website we may automatically collect information such as:
- details of your usage of the Website, including what pages of the Website you have visited and whether you have clicked on images or links on those pages (this may be user specific or aggregate); and
- technical information (including the type of device you are using, your IP address, and type of web browser) and cookie information (see the Cookies section below);
Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information): we work closely with third parties and may receive information about you from those third parties, for example, information about your enrolment and course from your educational institution, your credit history from credit reference agencies and/or employment history from employers.
We do not seek or knowingly collect any personal data about children under 18 years of age.
How we use your information
We use your information in various ways, such as:
- to process your loan application, which may include:
- verifying your identity and credit standing to enable us to consider and process your application; and
- assessing the validity of your debit card or bank account details by processing one or more test transactions (which would not result in any money being taken from your account and would not affect your credit history).
- for administrative purposes, for example to process payments, update/maintain our records, fraud monitoring and enforcement of loan terms;
- to enhance your experience of our Website and of our services, for example by conducting statistical analysis or for editorial or feedback purposes for our advertiser affiliates; and
- to provide you with marketing communications and to advise you of products or services that we believe you may be interested in.
In limited circumstances, we may allow selected third parties to gather personal data from you for their direct marketing purposes. However, where such third parties collect personal data from you for the purposes of direct marketing, you will be given a prior opportunity to opt-in (in the case of telephone or email marketing) or opt-out (in the case of postal marketing).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Future Finance group.
We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- Service Providers: We contract with service providers to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include database providers who assist in identity verification and site analysis providers. Their access is limited only to the personal data needed to perform the functions carried out on our behalf as our agent, and only for the purpose of performing those functions;
- Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs): We use CRAs to assess your application for credit and verify your identity to prevent crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs. Information on applications and details of how you manage your account with us will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. CRAs may supply information they receive to other organisations, including other CRAs and fraud prevention agencies. Please contact us using the details provided in this Policy (below) if you would like details of the CRAs and fraud prevention agencies that we use;
- Other disclosures: We use the information you provide to us to engage employers to verify the accuracy of your self-reported income and expenditure and to engage your educational institution to verify the details of your enrolment. We will also disclose your information (which may include data in relation to the performance of your loan) to your guarantor (if you nominate one) and your educational institution and strategic partners (to the extent that we have contracted with them to do so).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request, this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention.
You will receive notice when information about you may be shared by us with third parties in circumstances not described above, and you will have an opportunity to notify us that you do not wish for such information to be disclosed.
We reserve the right to use and disclose all information that does not constitute "personal data" (i.e. that you cannot be identified from).
If you have any questions or concerns about the sharing of your information as described above, please contact us as described at the end of this Policy.
When you provide your information we will ask for your consent to contact you by telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), email or by post to assist you with your loan or to provide you with information about similar products and services that we may provide. You are able to withdraw your consent in relation to us using your information for marketing purposes at any time in the following ways:
- Via email: Click the "Unsubscribe" link in any email communication and submit your email address on the next screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Via our Website: Update your contact preferences in the customer account section; or
- Via telephone: Call us on +44(0)20 3743 8700.
If you opt-out of our use of your information for marketing purposes, we will process your request as soon as possible. Please note that we reserve the right to take reasonable steps to authenticate your identity with respect to any such request.
We will only transfer your information to third parties for marketing purposes when we have obtained your express consent to do so.
How we keep your information secure
We have measures in place to protect the security and confidentiality of your information and we strive to keep it accurate. We only keep your information for as long as is necessary. We generally keep records of any transactions that you enter into for a minimum of six years.
Some of the security measures include:
- We work to protect the security of your personal data during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts personal data you input.
- We store personal data in an encrypted database.
- We transmit personal data in an encrypted format.
- Our networks are secured with certified firewalls in a multi-layered fashion with redundancy.
We have offices located in the United States from which we perform data processing services. In order to properly protect information subject to transfers from the European Economic Area (EEA) to the United States, we have put adequate safeguards in place by entering into the European Commission's model clauses.
If we transfer your personal data to a country outside the EEA we will ensure that the receiving party agrees to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to under applicable data protection legislation.
By providing us with your personal information on our Website or in the course of using our services, you consent to the transfer of your information in this way. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Right of access
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right of access to information that we hold about you upon request. You can exercise this right by making a request in writing, by phone, SMS or email using the contact details in the contact section below. Where we receive a data access request, we may take steps to verify the identity of the requester.
You have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes (see above). We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on our Website or other forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us by post or email using the details in the contact section of this Policy (see below).
If you have any questions about how we treat your personal data and protect your privacy, or if you have any comments, please send them to:
Future Finance Loan Corporation Limited, College House, 2/3 Townsend Road, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Conditions of use and changes to this policy
If you choose to visit our Website, your visit and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy.
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time by notifying you of the existence and location of the new or revised policy or by posting the changes online at our Website.
What are cookies?
Like many websites, we use "cookies" when you visit our Website. Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred to your computer's hard drive via your web browser and we use them for various purposes to improve your experience on our Website.
By visiting our Website you agree to us placing cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the Website in the future.
Further information about cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
What cookies do we use?
|Doubleclick||This is a tracking pixel that records traffic coming from 3rd party sources.|
|Full Story||Customer journey tracking|
|Google Analytics||Web analytics tracking|
|Olark||Live chat and support feature|
|Redis Session key||open source, in-memory data structure store, used as a database, cache and message broker|
|Smarter Click||Popup and remarketing agency|
|Google adwords||Conversion tracking|
|Future Finance||Contains a session cookie recognizing applicant to process loan application through completion|
|Security Cookies||Session cookies used to support security measures within the site.|
How to monitor or disable cookies
A web browser is usually set to accept cookies automatically but can be changed to decline them. If you do not want to receive cookies from us, please follow the procedures below. These procedures do not apply to cookies that may be set by our business partners.
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies your user experience of our Website may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions on the Website.
The “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file that stores cookies. We have set out some further information below that you may also find useful.