Smart student loans

Flexible repayments over
1 to 10 years.

Apply online for your free loan quote - it won't affect your credit score.

Get a free quote

Apply online for your free loan quote - it won't affect your credit score.

Get free quote

How does Future Finance make student loan decisions?

At Future Finance, we know there’s a lot more to you than just your credit score, especially for young students who haven’t had the chance to develop a financial history. By attending university, you’re improving your future earning potential and that’s why we look at lots of different factors when assessing your student loans application.

how future finance makes its lending decisions

Continuation rate

For a number of reasons, some students unfortunately leave university before completing their course, especially in their first year of studies. If the course that you’re undertaking has a high dropout rate in its first year, this will mean that your course will be assigned a low continuation rate and you may not be approved a Future Finance loan on this basis.

We realise that if you’re borrowing in order to study, you’re serious about your course and your education. Therefore, once you complete your first year of studies, you won’t be denied a loan on the basis of the continuation rate of your course.

Employment rate

An employment rate is based on the number of graduates from a particular course that are employed. As you can imagine, some courses that are considered especially difficult or prestigious have a better employment rate than others. Some courses, such as nursing, or accountancy have a better employment rate than some other courses, such as music. A decision is not made on the subject type, though, but rather on the specific course at the individual university; there are, for example, highly regarded music courses in the UK with high employment rates.

Predicted future affordability

Looking at your financial history, your likelihood of employment and what your future income might be (based on the course you are studying), we calculate how likely you will be able to afford the repayments on your Future Finance loan after you graduate. We don’t want to make loans to students who will struggle to repay and find themselves in financial difficulty later on.

Like other lenders, we do also take the following into account:

Credit score

Your credit score is a number that lenders use to determine your ability to repay a loan based on previous financial information. A credit score is ultimately based on a credit history, but because it is just a number, a credit score can’t provide a context; this is what the credit history is used for.

Credit history

A credit history is slightly different to a credit score.  Your credit history can help understand how that number was made. For example: your low credit score may be because you haven’t taken advantage of a lending facility to date and you have only turned 18 years of age, or it could be because even though you do have a history of making regular payments, you’re also 10 months in default on a car loan.

So it’s important to look at the reasons why a credit score is low, in order to assess people who might otherwise have been rejected.

Guarantor

A guarantor is someone who agrees to repay your loan if you are unable to make repayments on your loan. A guarantee is a form of security for the loan. Many students who apply to Future Finance for a student loan will be required to provide a guarantor as they will not have had the opportunity to develop a sufficient credit history in order to qualify for a non-guaranteed loan.

Age

Legally, you have to be at least 18 years of age in order for us to fund a loan to you.

Find out more

How our student loans work: See how much you could borrow – without it affecting your credit score – and find out how our flexible repayments work.

Guide to government student loans: Read our simple guide to the different types of government student loans you might be able to get.

What it means to be a guarantor: Find out who can act as guarantor on your student loan and what it entails for them.

If you have any further questions, you can check out our FAQ page, or email us at hello@financemyfuture.co.uk

LinkedInEmailShare

128 comments

I’m thinking of studying a Part-time Diploma course in September 2014 and I’m 60 years old. Could you let me know if it is possible to get a Student Loan to help with this? Many thanks Jacqui York

Hi Jacqui,

We don’t place any age limit on our loan applications, and there is no issue with it being a part time course but we do take into account your future earnings, and ability to repay when reviewing an application. Probably the easiest way to know for sure is to fill out an application. It won’t affect your credit score, and shouldn’t take more than a few minutes. Then we will be able to review your application on an individual basis. You can always change your mind if you decide it’s not right for you.

Kind Regards,

Hello,
I wish to continue next year on my 2nd year of MA in Clinical Counselling course. However I am a part-time student who receives carers allowance for my 22 year old daughter. Therefore, I am unemployed. How does that affect my eligibility in applying for funding?
Lynne Redmond

Hi Lynn,

You are definitely still eligible to apply, and there is no issue with your being a part time student, though I would think you are very likely to require a guarantor at least. Filling out an application won’t affect your credit score, and doesn’t take more than a few minutes. So if you are in need of funding, it doesn’t hurt to apply. You can still change your mind after we have reviewed your application.

Kind Regards,
Darren

Can I apply for a student loan if I have a bad credit history? I want to do my postgraduate degree asap. If it is a problem which I know it will be, can I use a guarantor to secure a loan for my future study providing that they have a clean credit history?

Hi Renee,

Yes, you can definitely still apply for the loan, applying will not affect your credit score even if you are declined. A bad credit history will not help your application, but it is also not uncommon for students, and where we can, exactly as you say, we try to use a guarantor to secure the loan in situations where a student is otherwise promising. I would definitely encourage you to apply and we will be able to review your personal situation in more detail. You can apply at http://bl.financemyfuture.co.uk

Can i apply for a student loan knowing that ive been living less than 1 year in the uk?

Hi Fatou,

Yes, you would still be eligible to apply for the loan if you have been living in the UK less than a year.

Kind Regards,
Darren

I’m currently doing a postgraduate course in acting and have applied for loans to help pay for my course fees but have been turned down and I’ve consequently had my credit score lowered to a less than average figure. I currently work part-time and make enough money to easily cover the repayments over the years. I am a very promising prospect in my field and it is only finances that are currently holding me back. I have a good credit history as I’ve never missed a direct debit payment and can get a guarantor to help secure a loan if accepted? What’s the likelihood of me being able to get a loan from future finance with my circumstances?

Hi Anthony,

I think you would have a strong chance of getting a loan from Future Finance under your circumstances. Because students often haven’t had the opportunity to build a high credit score, your credit history is often taken into account. We also take the course and university you are studying at into account, as well as if you are working part time. We often ask for a guarantor in circumstances where the credit score is lower, so if you can provide one, again this would be in your favour. If you do apply, I would recommend you mention having been turned down elsewhere, and the impact on your credit score in the application form, where it asks if there is anything else you want us to know about your application.

I will also say that our application process involves a “soft” credit check, so your credit score will not be affected by an application. You can complete an application at http://bl.financemyfuture.co.uk and you’ll receive a no obligation quote once our underwriting team has had a chance to review.

Hi I was looking to join university in hospitality , just wondering do I get the loan sent to me or the college?
I want to join I saw a college local to me

Hi Samiul,

Normally, we sent the tuition fees directly to the University. However, if there is a particular reason you would prefer it sent directly to you, we do make exceptions.

Kind Regards,
Darren

Hello i am from Nigeria,and i am about to apply for admission in uk,please sir,i beg for a loan that can cover my student tuitor fee, accommodation and text books,also in other to get a visa in Nigeria my bank account need to be access to know if i can afford the cost of schooling in uk,if not i will not be granted visa.All am asking from your good office is that when i get the admission within some weeks from now,i will need a loan to be paid into my account in other to get a visa in Nigeria,my reason for demanding for a loan to be paid in to my account here in Nigeria is that inother to get a visa in Nigeria my bank account need to be check to know whether i am financially able to pay my tuitor fee,accommodation,text books and feeding,if not i would not be granted visa.Please and please i beg for your understanding.I will be waiting for your reply.God bless,my name is Nworie philip Livinus.

Hi Nworie,

Unfortunately, we can only make payments to UK bank accounts. Sorry we can’t be of more help

Kind Regards,
Darren

I just wanted to know that being an international student I have to have a guarantor even if I have a good credit history as I did my bachelor’s in UK and thus, have been living in the UK for 3 years

Hi Syed,

Unfortunately, the requirement for a UK guarantor is the same regardless of how long the student has been in the country or how good their credit score is.

Regards,
Darren

Hi, I will be doing my TOP up degree in supply chain Management. I will be getting student finance but it wont cover me as I have a partner and we are now awaiting family. I was wondering if I would be eligible at all. if so would what would I need to apply.

I’m not sure what you mean by a “TOP up” degree, but if you are getting money from the government programme, you will almost definitely be eligible with us too. To complete an application, visit http://bl.financemyfuture.co.uk click “apply now” and fill out our short application. Applying won’t affect your credit score, and there is no obligation to take the loan.

Cheers,
Darren

As an International student I am required to be resident in the UK to obtain a loan, however, the program I am hoping to get into has part of it in Gereda which means I would spend 2 out of the 6 years in Greneda and the remaining 4 in the UK. I have chosen to take the final 2 years in the UK which means the MD degree I would get at the end of the program can only be used in the UK. This means I would be resident and would Practise in the UK. I was wondering would the 2 years I would spend in Greneda affect my application for a Loan? Would appreciate your response.
More info about the program can be gotten here courses.uwe.ac.uk/C99H

Hi there,

So long as you are still taking a UK University course, it should not be a problem that part of that course involves spending time abroad, once it is all part of a single course.

I’m due to start a medicine course in September and need a loan to cover the fees (already done a BSc), but when I put in my expected graduation date of 2020, I was told I had to graduate within 4 years to apply for the loan. Since medicine is a five year course, does this mean that medical students not doing the accelerated graduate course aren’t eligible for a loan?

Hi Emily,

I’m afraid I’ve just spoken with our underwriting team, who confirmed that unfortunately, you would not be eligible for the first year of the course. However, once you have finished your first year, you will be able to apply in future years. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Cheers,

Hi
i have been living in the UK since feb 2014 and i applied for a loan to cover my tution costs to study Law last july but unfortunately i was turned down as my credit score was not satisfactory. I relaize i wud have had zero credit history and ratings as it was only a few months since i had bn living in the UK. i had to defer my entry to the university to this october as im not eligible for governmnet loans due to residence period criteria. Im desperate and i will do Nything to pursue my higher studies , so i was hoping atleast this year i will be able to secure my loan with future finance. I have just checked my credit score with equifax and it says its poor (304) but i have got a fairly average score with experian (793).i was so crushed when i got to know that future finance uses equifax as their credit reference agency. Does that mean i have no hope this year as well? However my credit history is upto date and i have kept up with payments at all times. I work part time ( over time although contracted hours are 4 i normally cover 25+ hours a week) and earn a decent amount. I live with my parents and therefore have no expenses at all. And my dad is a british citizen. Is there any way i could be eligible for a tution fee loan this october under my circumstances? Any advise help will be highly appreciated as educatiob has and will always be my top most priority and i thrive hard to live my dreams

Thanks

Hi Fathima,

Experian and Equifax use two different scales to represent what is average, so the numbers mean different things for each company. However, if you can provide us with a copy of your credit report from Experian, we can use this score instead of equifax in our calculations. On Page 2 of the application there is a box for any other comments. I would mention that in there. The fact that your Dad is a British Citizen is also good, as we require all non EU citizens to have a UK guarantor.

Hi, I’m an international student and have just gotten admission to an MBA full time program in the UK (I am due to start the course in September). I have also secured my student visa, but the problem now is I need a loan to cover 50% of my tuition fee as I have paid the other balance. I am aware I may require a guarantor if i’m granted the loan, I’ll want to know the requirements the guarantor must posses.

Hi Linda,

The requirements of the guarantor depend on your own application. The general guarantor requirements are:

● 25 years of age or above
● UK or EU citizen, and normally resident in the UK/EU
● Minimum of 48 months income history
● They must meet the income and credit history criteria specific to the loan application.

In your case, they would need to be specifically be a UK citizen, or have indefinite leave to remain in the UK. The only way to get your specific income/credit history criteria is to complete an application on our website http://ow.ly/OYmx3 This won’t take more than a few minutes, doesn’t affect your credit score, and you are not obliged to take any loan offer if approved.

Cheers,

Hello

I have an excellent credit score and a credit history of a year and a half, but can’t secure a guarantor as my parent has bad credit. My course is at Roehampton and is top for History, also I have already had two years student finance and have two years remaining. I am not planning to return to uni until September 2015.

Hi James,

If you have an excellent credit score, you may not require a guarantor, depending on how much you need to borrow. The best way to determine this is too fill out an application. Applying won’t affect your credit score, and you will not be obliged to take a loan offer, if approved.

Hi,
Can I repay choose to repay my loans after 6 months without penalty? How much would that cost me if I borrow 2500 pounds?

Hi Sid,

You definitely can repay the loan after 6 months without penalty. I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to tell you how much it would cost without a completed application, and there would be a lot of different variables involved in that (your credit history, the university you attend, the course you are studying in etc).

If you’d like though, completing an application only takes a few minutes, doesn’t affect your credit score, and you’re not obliged to take our loan offer if approved. Once that’s done, we will be able to tell you what the cost would be if you repaid early. You can complete an application at http://bl.financemyfuture.co.uk

Cheers
Darren

Good morning , i start HND diploma in Hospitality last year in September i just graduate my first year out of 9 assignments i have 9 distinctions i have a student loan from student finances , but can i apply for financef from you as well because i find it dificult only surviving with that loan.

Hi Krastina,

Yes, you can definitely apply for finance from us as well. The government loan is a great option, and can obviously offer better rates than us because they are backed by the government, but many students like you find the amount the government gives them isn’t enough, and that’s where we can help.

The credit score you would need would depend on how much you are borrowing, as well as what your interest rate would be, which is based on things like the course you are studying, and the university you are attending. Honestly, the best thing to do is fill out an application. It takes just a few minutes, doesn’t affect your credit score, and you are not obliged to take the loan offer if you are approved. You can apply on our website http://bl.financemyfuture.co.uk

Cheers,
Darren

And about the credit history what do i need to have as a score for accepting me

I am a Ghanaian and badly needs a loan but l am finding it difficult to get a guarantor in the UK. What is the next option?

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, we can’t provide a loan to you if you are not able to get a guarantor in the UK. You might be able to get some help from your university representative from the National Association of Student Money Advisors. I’ve sent you an email with the contact details for you university. You might have to check your spam.

Kind Regards,

Hi Future Finance,

I have completed my Bachelors and Masters from London Universities and currently I am waiting for my result. I have been applying for PhD in Risk Finance in certain universities as I am really interested in studying further. Can I apply for loan now even if I still have not been enrolled in a university but I have applied to a few of the same type of fees. And as I am an international student, I do not have anyone here in London except my husband. So can he be my guarantor or my father is in America. Can he be my guarantor. Please clear my queries.

Hi Miss. D

You can apply for funding before you have been enrolled, and we can assess your application, but we wouldn’t be able to provide the funding until we have confirmed your enrolment. If you are not an EU citizen, you would need to provide a UK guarantor, or someone with indefinite leave to remain in the UK, so your father would not be an option. If your husband is a UK citizen, or has indefinite leave to remain in the UK, then he is likely eligible, though there will be financial criteria he will have to meet, which will depend on your application.

Kind Regards,
Darren

I have just had an unconditional acceptance with Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute to do an Msc in Psychotherapy. I had an IVA nearly 4 years ago when my husband and I divorced and now working part time. I would like to apply for half my fees but due to my credit rating so not know if I would be accepted. Please could you advise?

Hi Sarah,

We run a “soft” credit check as part of our application, so if you do apply and are not approved, this won’t affect your credit score. We also get a lot of applications with not great credit scores, and in these circumstances, we ask for a guarantor. Perhaps you would be able to provide someone?

Also, your credit score is not the only factor we take into account, we also look at your credit history, the university you are attending, the course you are studying, whether you have a degree already etc. So it is possible that you will still be approved.

Kind regards,
Darrne

My son would like to apply for a loan to help with his expenses at university he just completed first year going to second year. His student loan barely covers his accommodation, he does get any grant because myself and his father are working but we are unable to support him financially. I want to know if he would be able to get a loan of about £3000 for his year two, we hope to be able to support him after.

Hi Elizabeth,

I’m afraid I wouldn’t have any information on whether he would be elligible for the maintenance grant. Here is a link with information on where to apply, and a form to calculate your likely eligibility before you apply http://www.studentparents.org/student-finance/maintenance-grant

Sadly, we hear a lot from students that their maintenance loan barely covers their accommodation, and that’s why Future Finance is here. The fact that he is in his 2nd year definitely improves his chances, as one of the factors we look at is the dropout rate from a course in the first year. Obviously because we are dealing with students, a lot of our applicants ending up needing a guarantor. Normally, this is a students parent (though it doesn’t have to be). A lot of parents find it is a good way to help their child with their education costs, even if they are not in a situation to just give them the money directly.

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be able to tell you without. If he would like to complete an application at our website http://bl.financemyfuuture.co.uk It only takes a few minutes, doesn’t affect your credit score, and he is not obliged to take any offer if approved.

I should also say, since you mention that you hope to be in a better financial situation next year, that there is no fee for early repayment, or making additional repayments, and this will lower the total amount he will have to repay.

Kind Regards,

Hi,

How long does it usually take for an application to be processed?

Thanks

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

It varies a lot depending on how quickly the student can get back to us with any information and documents needed, and how fast the university can confirm registration. If everything goes quickly, we can have it done in a few days. If for example, the student will take some time submitting contact info for their guarantor (if they need one), or the guarantor takes a while to fill out their details, this can take longer.

Cheers,

Hi,

Mine currently says it is being processed and I have submitted the 3 documents it requires – how long estimated until they get back to me?

Ryan

Hi, I’m studying English Language and Media at the moment and looking to apply for a loan. I will be going on to study Law and aim to become a Barrister. Will my future plans be taken int account when applying or only my current course?

Hi Alison,

Unfortunately, we can only take your current course into account, as we can’t know for certain that you will go on to study law once you have graduated.

Regards,
Darren

Hi, I just graduated in Rome, Italy and I’ve received a Conditional offer for a place at Middlesex University in Rome.

I’m waiting for results of IELTS (7th August) test that’s why I received a conditional offer. Can I apply even if I’m not sure to enter at the University named below or is better to wait for the results and then process the application?

Best Regards,
Cristiana Ganino

Hi Cristiana,

We won’t be able to send the funding until we have confirmed that you have been accepted, but you can apply now, and we will review your application on the basis that you will be accepted.

Darren

Hi, I have refugee status in the Uk, living for less than two years and i did my udergraduate study here and i want to pursue to postgraduate degree. Am i elgible to get finance loan from future finance without providing a guarantor.

Hi Solomon,

Unfortunately, because you do not have indefinite leave to remain in the UK, you would not be eligible for a loan without a guarantor. However, if you can find a guarantor with indefinite leave to remain, then you would still be eligible.

Hi,
should you have only a UK guarantor to be eligible for the loan?

Hi Eleftheria,

If you are a student from outside of the EU, and don’t have indefinite leave to remain, then you will need a UK guarantor no matter what. If you are an EU/UK student studying in the UK, you may be approved without a guarantor, or we may ask you to provide one if your application is not strong enough on its own.

I hope that clears things up.

Kind Regards,
Darren

Hello, I am an EU student and do not have a credit score/history. I am studying Law in Manchester. Will I still be eligible?

Hi
2nd year nursing student looking for a student loan. As we receive a bursary we aren’t entitled to government student loans. Is this something I would be able to apply for? Also can I start repaying the loan after I complete the course?
Kind Regards
Emily

Hi Emily,

This is definitely something you can apply for, and in fact, we’ve already provided funding for many nursing students already. We look at a lot of different criteria when assessing an application, such as the university and course you are studying, as well as income and employment information from those courses. As you probably know, nurses have a very good rate of employment.

We do require payments while you are studying, however we cap them at between £15 and £75 per month (depending on how much you borrow between £2,500 and £40,000, and the particulars of your application).

Hello,
I put an application in on Friday 14th of August and still haven’t had a response. Is ther any reason for this?
Yours faithfully,
Hannah

Hi Hannah,

It’s possible an email was sent and went to spam. I will follow up here with the person assigned to your application.

Thank you very much!!
Kind regards,

Hannah Colegate

Hello, I currently have an HSBC account here with HSBC headquarters in Bermuda, would I need to transfer to HSBC UK in order to receive the loan?

Hi,

So just wondering if you could tell me how eligible I would be for a £12,000 loan. It’s to cover tuition and rent for my first year as student finance won’t. I don’t have a lot of credit history as I’ve never had any credit cards but I have paid off my maintenance loan Over the past year which was a direct debit. I have a guarantor and have sent off an application. Just trying to find out the likelyhood as I don’t want to get my hopes up again. I would secure a job through transfer and would have no trouble covering the monthly payments.

Thanks

Hi Lauren,

I wouldn’t be able to make that determination for certain, but if you have haven’t had any issues repaying things in the past (things like a phone bill can also count), and you wouldn’t have any problem providing a guarantor, I think you would have a pretty good chance. As a student loan company, we deal with a lot of people who haven’t had the opportunity to develop a credit history, which is why we use guarantors. It will also depend on the course and university you are studying (how high the dropout rate is, how likely you are to be employed after graduating, etc)

The only way to know for sure is just to complete an application on the website http://bl.financemyfuture.co.uk If you are not approved, it won’t affect your credit score, and if you are approved, you aren’t obliged to take the loan offer.

Darren

am going to do adult nursing ! But I find the government help won’t b enough as I have two children which needs to go in Nursary ! Am I allowed for this loan to help me towards my course expenses only?

Hi There,

Yes, you can apply for funding to cover the cost of living expenses while you study, and childcare would definitely fall under that if you have children.

You can apply online at http:/bl.financemyfuture.co.uk Applying won’t affect your credit score if you are declined, and you’re not obliged to take any offer if you’re approved.

Hi,
Do you offer loans for international students?

Hi Rasikh,

We do offer loans to international students studying at UK universities. However students from outside of the EU are required to provide a UK guarantor.

Okay thanks,
Actually, I’m Currently studying in roots. Started law degree from Bpp. So can I get loan over here? Or should I’ve to transfer my credits in Uk to get loan?

Good day, please im about applying for the european union renewable energy commision masters in renewable energy which would involve me studing at 2 eu countries. I want to pick Loughborough university for the first stage of the study. Im a nigerian so I want to know if I can get the loan to cover the whole expenses of the study and also if I can start repaying when I start working immediately after the masters program. Also I someone who is a uk citizen but is currently in nigeria, I want to know if he would be eligible to stand as my gurantor.

Hi Jeremiah,

Our eligibility criteria for a loan includes the following: you must be 18 years of age or above, UK or EU citizen, resident in the UK and enrolled in an accredited UK university.

If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen, you will be required to provide a UK guarantor. To provide you with a more accurate answer, we need more information about you. Please submit your loan application, online, and one of our loan rangers will get in touch with you within 48 business hours. The loan repayment period commences if and when you receive your funds. Repayments are capped at £75 per month until three months after you graduate. Full repayments are then made over the course of a further 10 years.

Hi, I am due to start the final year of my undergraduate degree. My course is financed by student finance England, however i am finding that my maintainence loan does not stretch enough with living and traveling costs etc. Would I qualify for a small loan to help with those costs only?

Hi Stacey! Yes, we provide cost of living loans for those students who need to supplement government maintenance loans. We would need more information about you to answer if you qualify for a small student loan. Please submit your application; one of our loan rangers will get in touch with you within 48 business hours to discuss your application. If your application meets our criteria, you will be offered a no obligation loan quote. This will not affect your credit score.

I’m a mature (37 year old) law student with not a great credit history but no ccjs I have a low credit score I think it’s about 199 I am looking at a hefty loan around £20k for my barrister course and masters how likely am I to be accepted?

Hey there,

The likelihood of your application being approved is dependent on a variety of different factors. Please submit an application, online, on our website so that we can better assess your situation. You will be offered a no-obligation student loan quote and this will not affect your credit score.

I am doing my first year of my MA in social work course struggling to pay my fees. I know my credit core isn’t great. Can I apply for loan and hope that you will consider my application favourably because of my guarantor?

Hi Beatrice, I need more information to answer your question. Please submit an application, so we could assess your situation. You’ll be offered a no-obligation loan quote.
This will not affect your credit score.

Hello am trying to submit my form it’s not letting , it’s not going thru so have save and sent later, don’t what the problem..can you help please

Hi Mecky, we apologise for inconvenience. One of our loan rangers will get in touch with you shortly to help finish your application.

Can i apply for a loan although ive already started my masters and paid my fees upfront. Its for my living cost as they are more than i thought

Hi Claire, yes we do provide loans for cost of living expenses, and there is no deadline to apply. Please submit your application on our website. Best of luck with your studies.

I really believ of a truth that Future Finance deserves some commendations for their humane and laudable project in driving people’s academic desires and aspirations to their fulfilled ends.What a succor!

Hi,
I’m an international student who has already received an unconditional offer to study at a university in the UK. I understand that I must wait until at least 9 months before the course starts to make an application. However, I would like to know, how soon after the loan is approved would the funds (tuition) be transferred to the university?
And considering that I would not as yet have a UK bank account (in the UK) for the living expenses to be transferred to, how do you deal with situations like those?
I appreciate your kind assistance.

Warm regards,

Danielea

Hi Danielea, to be eligible for our loans applicant must be resident in the UK and able to provide proof of address. You will also need to have a UK bank account.
We can only transfer funds once we have confirmed with the university that the student is enrolled and we have all other required documentation etc. If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to email us at hello@financemyfuture.co.uk

Regards,
Future Finance Team

Hello,
I’ve been in The UK since 2008 on a leave to remain basis, I do pay my credit card on time , mobile bills on time and I don’t use my overdraft facility.
I have done a BA in International Business Managenet, and looking forward to change my career into coding. ( software developer) boot camp in London.
I’m legally on civil partnership with a settle person in the UK.
Would like to know if I meet the criteria For submitting a loan application, and either if I need a guarantor.

Hi Andres,

You can definitely apply for a loan with us. The application is non-obligatory and does not affect your credit score. I cannot say, whether you’ll need a guarantor or not as this depends on several different factors. In order to find out, you need to submit an application.

Thanks.

Your Future Finance Team

Hello, I am an international student that really needed loan to cover my tuition fees. Can my guarantor resident be in south east asia. Hope to hear from you soon. Tq

Hi Adri,

Thanks for getting in contact with us.

No, unfortunately, your guarantor on your loan application cannot be resident in South East Asia; your guarantor must be:

• Permanently resident in the UK. Non-EU citizens need indefinite leave to remain (ILR)
• 25 years of age or above
• Minimum of 48 months income history

For more information on adding a guarantor to a loan, please read this blog post on adding a guarantor to your application.
Thanks, again, for getting in touch and if you have any further queries, please contact hello@financemyfuture.co.uk.

Philip

Hi I have just been accepted to on the GDL course and will be starting in January, from there I will be doing the LPC in September 2016. Would i be able to apply for the loan with enough money now to cover both courses or am I only able to apply for one now then the other in September?

Kind Regards

Hi Melissa, you will have to apply for one course at the time. Hope that answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to drop us an email to hello@financemyfuture.co.uk

Good luck with you studies,
Future Finance Team

Hello, I really want to continue with my law career, I got a 2:1 in law and need help with finance for completing my LPC. Can I ask for this help?

Hi Charlotte,

Thank’s for contacting us.

The first step is to complete a loan application on our website, which is here. The application is non-obligatory and does not affect your credit score.

Thanks.

Your Future Finance Team

Hello will like to know how much top up loan I can apply for If I had a loan of £8000 the previous year and have been making my repayments on time?

Hi Chidi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To better assess how much you can top-up your loan by, please contact one of our customer service advisors by emailing hello@financemyfuture.co.uk with your enquiry.

Thanks again,

Your Future Finance Team

Hi,I am a resident of Swaziland,granted an Unconditional Offer to study LLB (Hons) in Legal Practice Distance Learning at Manchester Metropolitant University & CILEX Law School in UK,starting in September,2016.I do not have a bad credit history and/or credit history,and I do not have a guarantor in UK.As I am desperate for your Finacial Assistance to fund my studies,can I be legible for Funding.

Dear sir,
I.m a Cameroonian based in Douala ,wishing to apply for future loan relating to the BPP LAW PROGRAM,will it materialize sir?
Best regards
Yours faithfully,
Fontem joseph E.

Hi Fontem,

We provide student loans to undergraduate and postgraduate students in the UK. To be eligible for a loan you must be:

● Enrolled in an accredited UK university.
● 18 years of age or above.
● UK or EU citizen, and resident in the UK.
● Non EU citizens need to provide a UK guarantor.

Hope that answers your question!
Future Finance Team

hi, I have filled in the application just would like to know how long it will take to get the respond the future finance

Hi Danny,

Typically, we respond within 48 hours, though we tend to respond much quicker than that.

Future Finance.

Hi
I just wanted to know more information about the guarantor. Can your gurantor be anyone with a good credit history and British citizen or do they have to be one of your family members.
Thanks

I’m currently studying in my last year at uni, and working 2 part time jobs. I don’t have a great credit history. What are my chances of getting a loan?
Thanks.

Hi Ashley,

To be eligible for a Future Finance student loan, you must be:

● Enrolled in an accredited UK university.
● 18 years of age or above.
● UK or EU citizen and resident in the UK.
● Non-EU citizens will be required to provide a UK guarantor.

To find out more about your suitability for a Future Finance student loan, we would need you to complete an application form with us on our website. You will be offered a no-obligation quote that will not affect your credit score.

The Future Finance Team

Hi

Is a guarantor definitely required for a loan with yous? My parents are likely to say no to being one for me?

Hi Catherine,

As each loan is different, the requirements for a guarantor can vary depending on the number of years to graduation, the amount you wish to borrow and other factors such as your credit score. The minimum requirement is that a guarantor must be:

● 25 to 65 years of age
● UK resident. Please note that non-EU or non-UK citizens must have an indefinite leave to remain visa
● Minimum of 48 months income history, they will be subject to a credit check.

In most cases, a guarantor is a parent or guardian; hwoever, anyone who fulfils the criteria as outlined above can act as a guarantor.

To find out about whether or not you would need a guarantor, you would need to complete an application form with us on our website. You will be offered a no-obligation quote that will not affect your credit score.

The Future Finance Team

Hi, I have almost completed my first year of psychology and counselling course with the open university, I have chosen my modules for my second year which begins in October, from this point I will be full time on the course. Unfortunately the open university only allows you to apply for a part time loan with student finance England, meaning I would only have the costs of the course covered. After recently having a baby I have decided to not go back work and to concentrate on my studies and caring for my little one, my partner works full time but we would struggle to live comfortably of just his wage alone, hence why I am interested in applying for a loan with yourselves. I completed a form and it said that the continuation rate is too low on my course for me to be accepted for a loan until I begin my second year, what can I do about this as I would need the loan for when my second year begins in October? Also my credit score isn’t great will this affect my chances to be accepted? It wasn’t mentioned on the email response I got after completing an application?

Hi Rachael,

Thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately, we cannot discuss applications over online media channels: you would need to contact our customer service team on 020 3743 8700 or email to hello@futurefinance.com.

Thanks, Rachael,

The Future Finance Team

Hi,
After completion of my Zoology degree in August I would like to study vet nursing as of September 2017. Would finance my future allow me take out a loan for a second degree that leads to this career? Also because the average pay is around 20K, how would this affect how much I can borrow?
Thanks!

Hi Tiphaine, we would be delighted to help you fund your second degree! To better answer your question, I will need more details about your uni and course. Could you please fill in an application form online? We will assess the application and send you a no-obligations quote for your loan. This will not affect your credit score.

Regards,
Future Finance team

Hi, is it possible to get a loan for an online HND course? Or do you only offer loans to those doing degrees or other university qualification

Hi Nikita, we offer funding for a level 5 and above courses, as long as the course is a minimum of level 5 – we will consider it. If you have any more questions, please email us at hello@futurefinance.com

Future Finance Team

I have a low credit score and had a court judgement in 2012. I have a law degree and would like a loan for the tuition fee and living expenses so i can do the lpc. Is it possible to get one? Or am I doomed?

Hello, I’m 22 years old and living outside UK. And I would like to study at Coventry University on January 2017. And Im very much interested If i can apply for a loan to pay for my studies. Thank you.

Helloo
Actually,I’m a UK citizen but I lived my entire life outside UK i just came on 7th of this month and I’m planning to stay here in UK i have found a postgraduate course in south wales university and I’m working on the appication unfortunately, i figured out that I’m not eligible for governmnet loans due to residence period criteria.
So my questions are
1. Am I eligible to apply for the loan from you.
2. Do i need a guarantor?

Hi Shahla,

As long as you are resident in the UK you can apply for a student loan with us.
The need for a guarantor will be decided when an application form is completed. An application form is free of charge and will not affect your credit score – http://www.futurefinance.com

Hi Olumide,

Thanks for your message :)

Yes. Our loans are designed to help students achieve their goals.

The best thing to do is complete an application form. Its completely free and will not affect your credit score.

Just visit – http://www.futurefinance.com

Let us know if you need any more help.

Future Finance Team

I defaulted a credit card at some point which I am currently repaying. I got admission at London Business School for the Masters in Finance. I do not have a guarantor for the loan. Will I be eligible for a loan?

Hi Charity,

Sorry about the delay.

The best thing to do is complete an application form. Its completely free and if eligible you will get a free quote.

I asked for a quote for my course of Computer Animation and visual effects on Leeds Beckett University and my application was cancelled saying that FF dont fund first year for that course. ( i choose thers in Creative Arts and Design as there wasnt my course listed). Student finance loan approved my application and sent me a letter saying that was approved and it would be paid in 3 installments as long as I could provide information that i was working and could support myself. Then I got a letter later saying that because I have a Bsc ( done in Portugal) I wasn’t able to be granted tuition fee loan or any other grants. I dont know what to do now. The only way is to quit University as I cant pay 9000 in full.

Hi Ricardo,

If you want to give us a call on +44 (0)20 3743 8700 we will see what we can do. But usually we only accept university courses on the accredited list.

Hello, i’m from Cairo, Egypt and going to study in Swansea Univ a master. and i’m intended to work there after my master is finished, but here is problem that i will be a new comer to UK and sure wont find a co-signer so are there any solution for that?

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

We do require a UK guarantor for international students. A UK guarantor can be a family member, sibling, relative or friend.

Hi Justine,

All applications are subject to a credit score check before approval.

The best thing to do is complete an application form. It’s completely free and will not affect your credit score.